Monday, October 6, 2008

Little Gems from the Parade of Homes

The 43rd annual Raleigh Parade of Homes is going on right now.  There are 394 new homes all over Wake County that are open to walk through.  I have great memories of attending with my family when I was growing up.  We have so much fun being inspired by the latest and greatest ideas.  This year we had limited time, so we visited the most expensive homes.  I guess most people would have photographed the towering staircases or elaborate kitchens, but little ol' me loved the storage ideas!

Here's a great idea for organizing shoes.  The shelves are slanted with a little piece of quarter round to stop the shoes from sliding off.  I could make this, right!?
I love this pantry!  To the right is a small shelf for spices and in the back of the pantry there is a three-tier riser the perfect depth for cans or spare sippy cups!  (A special thanks to my son, Owen, for sharing his prized sippy cup with us for this picture!)
Here's another reason why I love the Parade of Homes:  In the midst of these multi-million dollar homes there are always brilliant ideas that I could actually implement.  Don't you love these cubbies in the garage?

1 comment:

Market Street Co said...

What a great event! I bet you were snapping away...