Sunday, October 12, 2008

A New Life for Old Curtains

One great thing about hosting a party is the deadline that it sets to get your house ready!  One of my friends was hosting a shower this weekend and asked me to repurpose an extra curtain panel she had been saving.  She wanted to turn the panel into four pillows for her couches.  This is such a great idea because many times you can find pre-made curtain panels for a better price than you would be able to purchase the same fabric!  Here are the two existing curtains she has hung at her house.  
With the extra panel I made these pillows to match, but you'll have to picture them on her cute red sofa and not my very safe neutral one.  She did have to buy backing and piping, but the front of the pillow is just the curtain.  
I took lots of pictures while I was making these and tomorrow I'm going to post my very first tutorial showing you how to make pillows complete with piping!  Don't worry, it's easier than you think.  See you tomorrow!

No comments: