Friday, January 16, 2009

January's Create Craft Club

Last night was our Create Craft Club Meeting and we had a blast!  This month we made ribbon belts and key fobs which meant it was time for a Create first... sewing machines!
Here we are picking out our ribbon and webbing.  We had 10 girls and 4 sewing machines!
My favorite part of the night had to be watching some first time seamstresses gain confidence.  Here's my sister Angie sewing for the very first time!  Woo Hoo!!
Jenn brought her sewing machine in the box that it had been sealed in for the last two years!!  By the end of the night she had mastered threading the machine and winding the bobbin!  How awesome is that!?  Here's Blair dusting off some of her cobwebs and falling in love with sewing again! 
What a fun night and a super easy project!  If you're interested in making your own you can check out the tutorials here for the belt and the key fob.  You can purchase ribbon, webbing and hardware here.
My little guy is getting some good use out of his belt already!

5 comments:

the browns said...

Thanks again Sarah! What a fun night:)

Amy Williams said...

Thanks again for having us over. I told Christina that my keys look so much cuter hanging from the hook with the new key fob. I think I am now motivated to go purchase some items and make a belt.

Tucker Family said...

Sarah- last night was so much fun! Thanks for all your encouragement.

I even looked on Ebay to see how much a sewing machine would cost. Oh my gosh- don't tell anybody that!

Natalie said...

Awwww...I miss our little craft club! Although, it's not so little anymore!

clg0513 said...

i have been looking for 1.25 inch webbing...where did you find yours.