Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easy Spring Update for Fireplace

Here's a quick fix I did for my fireplace this spring since it's sure not going to see any fires with the kind of weather we are having right now!
Before:
After:
Did you catch it?  Not a big change, but just enough for the fireplace to not look so dirty.  I bought a mirror on clearance and laid it on top of the fireplace grate with some of my pillar candles.  I like the reflective surface and the glass pillars much more than a dirty grate!

5 comments:

Gena said...

That looks really nice! I just redid my mantle today with some finds from Lowes. I need to clean out my fireplace so I can decorate it, too.

Bonnie said...

That is a great idea ! If I had a fireplace, I'd totally borrow it (your idea) ! But ... I live at the beach in Australia, not much need for a fireplace !!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Totally caught it - looks great.

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

pretty!

Alicia said...

That is so clever! And it looks awesome!

http://theladyisablogger.blogspot.com