Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bachelorette Weekend and Pajama Party Lingerie Shower

My friend Anna will soon become a Mrs. so the bridesmaids got together this weekend to celebrate in style! We really pulled out all the stops to help her feel extra special. I freezer-paper stenciled each of the girls a personalized pillowcase and gave it to them during Saturday night's pajama party lingerie shower. When the girls arrived to my parent's log cabin lake house they found a schedule on their pillows detailing the very busy schedule for the weekend... (ha!) breakfast, sunning on the dock, lunch, pedicures on the dock followed by going out to dinner and the lingerie shower.
Anna's sister and I divided up the meals. Friday night she prepared pork tenderloin and the most amazing pasta salad! Saturday morning I decorated the table extra special for breakfast. We ate sausage balls, fruit salad, strawberry muffins and yogurt then sat around and talked for at least a couple of hours before hitting the dock for some sun. Each girl had a question at their seat (What is your favorite memory with Anna? Tell the story of how you and Anna met. What's the funniest thing you and Anna have done together? etc.) and we went around and answered them. We didn't all know each other so it was a fun way to break the ice over our meal.
We did our own pedicures while sipping margaritas (mine was virgin of course!) on the dock then we ate sandwiches for lunch. After our dinner out we came back to the house for the lingerie shower! This was Anna's chair:
Our color scheme was "pink lemonade" and we had all shades of pink and pale yellow. The ice was even pink and heart-shaped!
We had made from scratch lemon bars, almond cupcakes with vanilla frosting and cherry limeade, but the best part was the Blue Bell Ice Cream Sundae Bar!! Blue Bell is made in Texas and for some reason it's hard to find around my hometown, but it is an extra special treat when we do find it. Hands down it is the best ice cream I've ever put in my mouth!
All of the girls dressed up in our pajamas and ate until our tummies hurt! Then we played "How Well Do You Know Anna?" Anna's sister and I combined forces to come up with 20 extremely obscure questions no one was sure to get completely right. I emailed Anna's fiancee the questions ahead of time and he technically won, but it was hilarious to read some of his answers to the girls! Anna didn't know that I had done that, so she loved it!
Each of the bridesmaids brought a picture of themselves with Anna in a silver frame and that too made for great conversation.
After the game we opened Anna's lingerie gifts. I will spare you those pictures, but I will say that I'm positive these two sweet little girls (me on the left and Anna on the right circa 4th grade) never could have dreamed up the craziness that was in that Frederick's bag! :)
Update: I've recently posted tutorials for some of the things I made for the shower. Enjoy!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

*giggle*
I blush looking at the Fredricks website...so I can only imagine :)
What a well organized, fun shower!
It looks like it was a blast :) xx

Adam and Natalie said...

Beautiful job!!! What a great idea to have everyone bring a framed picture!

sue said...

WOW!!! It looks like so much fun, what a great idea.

Rockie said...

Everything looked amazing! Great job on those pillowcases! Yay freezer paper!

Tiffany said...

luv the pillowcases and the party decor!

KillerB said...

Wow, that is so gorgeous, Sarah-- I'm sure Anna felt SO SPECIAL. What a blessing to get such an amazing girlie weekend before her wedding. So lovely!

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Just found your blog and this was a great first post to read.. you are a great friend! Everything looked beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I too just found your blog! This was done so well, very nice shower & girl get together. Fun!

Tammy said...

any chance you'll be posting a tutorial on that freezer paper stenciling? I've never heard of it before and the pillowcases looked beautiful!

Sarah said...

Tammy, you read my mind! I took lots of pictures, so I'll be posting a tutorial for the pillowcases very soon.
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah

Jen said...

What a great looking shower! I love all the creative ideas you guys had!

Despedida Soltero said...

Grear Idea...
http://www.despedidasoltero.eu

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I LOVE that it was a pajama shower, what a great idea! I'll have to link to this in my next Bridal Shower Roundup, I love it!

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog, and i especially liked your mention of blue bell in this post. i'm originally from tx but moved to wa state a year ago and miss blue bell like crazy. and many people up here have never experienced it. needless to say, i'm jealous. :) but the party seems to have been great!

Shelley Dawn said...

So creative and FUN! I am helping plan a bachelorette party for my best friend and appreciate your wonderful ideas! I really like how you each brought a framed picture of you and the bride to be. Jess would love that!