Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fear of Zippers, No More!!

I used to be afraid of zippers. I didn't want to tackle a project with them because I thought they were scary. And hard. And scary hard.
My friend Rachel is expecting her first little boy very soon, so she is in nesting mode! She asked me to make some pillows for her and use (duh duh dunnnnnn....) zippers. Yikes, my biggest fear! I did a thorough internet search and watched too many youtube videos in preparation. And you know what? I did it! And it wasn't scary, or hard, or scary hard. I tackled my fear of zippers! Do you have a fear of something completely irrational? Well, I'm here to tell you to hitch up your pants and get over it! Because just look at the pretty-ness that wouldn't be there if I had given way to my fears!
2 Timothy 1:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power,
of love and of self-discipline."
That's what I'm talking about! Next up, killing a roach by myself.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I conquered my fear of zippers awhile back... now if I could only conquer my fear of using the buttonholer for my sewing machine!

Christina said...

Good for you! The pillows look fabulous, and I LOVE the green chairs (are they yours or your friend's?).

One of my relatively recent fear-conquerings in the crafty realm was free motion quilting. I love it now. : )

Jilly said...

Well, The pillows look fabulous, and those green chairs are attractive to keep in garden. Your collection is very new and best for modern homes. It seems vintage looks.
hediyelik eşya

Anonymous said...

Great post, it just makes me realize I need to just make the pleated skirt I've been dying to and quit being a baby. : ) Thanks

Natalie
www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

Share Knowledges said...

You mention here about cute pillows, but I attract with those white frames, white door which makes your room wall to beautiful and modern look.
class 3 safety vest