Saturday, October 22, 2011

Painting Party!

I haven't really gotten in to the Living Social or Groupon deals, I just don't need another email telling me what I neeeed to buy... But I might be changing my tone soon.
Last week (or was it the week before, sheesh!) my college roomies and I got together for a painting party at Artistic Abandon. Amanda found out about it for us on Living Social and when we found out we could bring our own drinks and sugar we jumped on board!
I guess painting was a draw for us too, but what we really needed was a night to get away, laugh and have some craft therapy... oh and not clean up after ourselves, please!
Artistic Abandon is pretty new. The concept is awesome. You choose a date and a painting has been assigned to that date ahead of time. Everyone in the group paints the same thing and all of the materials are provided. The artist in charge gave us directions every step of the way and in the end we walked away with something we were proud of.
What I loved most was the fact that there was plenty of time to finish each step, so we got to giggle and catch up while we waited for everyone else.
If you're in the Raleigh area, I definitely recommend trying out Artistic Abandon. So fun!
(P.S. I'm pretty sure that trees don't branch up like that in real life, but you know what... I'm fine with that!)

No comments: