Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bonkers!

Hey Friends,
Is it just me or has life been extra bonkers lately? Whoa! I feel like we've been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. (Is that something only we southerners say?! Ha, now that I type it I'm picturing it and I guess it is pretty silly... and disgusting... I digress!)
Anyway, it is kind-of a pet peeve of mine that I don't like to tell people how busy I am. I mean, everybody is busy and no one really wants to have a whole conversation about who is the busiest, am I right?

This week calls for breaking the rules.... preschool research and registration riiiight before the deadline (whew!), my grandfather had a quadruple bi-pass (he's doing well now), funeral for my good friend from elementary school, planning a kitchen remodel, reorganizing my creative room, surprise fevers, organizing the registration for a big men's retreat at church, a couple knitting orders and finishing a financial report for a judicial campaign my husband and I are helping with. I mean really?! Could we squeeze a little more in there please?

But you know what I've found? When I have that much going on and I'm really asking the Lord to organize my time, give me energy and direct my steps... He does! It all got done! I didn't pull my hair out!

Proverbs 20:24 "A person’s steps are directed by the LORD.
How then can anyone understand their own way?"

I'm so glad to serve the God who cares about even the little details of my life!

P.S. The ball wreath is for my newly decorated creative room... just styrofoam balls covered in fabric and hot glued... easy peasy.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those balls are so adorable! I love them! I agree. Life has been nuts! Thank goodness we serve an awesome God whom cares so much about ut!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I love your inspiring perspective on this. :)
And that wreath looks like so cute!

christopher said...

Hi ,thought you might like to know, we say''Running around like a headless chook'', so almost the same as what you say! Here in Wales.
Glad you got everything done without getting stressed.
hugs.Rosie.x

carissa said...

girl! that is some serious busy. with some heavy stuff. the Lord truly cares... amen!

those balls. so pretty! love the wreath!!!

Jenn said...

the real question is have you ever seen a chicken run with it's head cut off?...I saw it when I was young and sadly it's one of the few memories I have from under the age 5, so it's not just a saying!!

Love your blog, thanks for sharing.
Jenn
housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com