Thursday, April 12, 2012

Believer Threads

I want you guys to meet my brother-in-law, Eric.

Eric loves Jesus!

One night when he was out at dinner with his wife, their waiter had a WWJD bracelet on and Eric thought how cool it was that with one piece of jewelry he could tell so much about that waiter. Those bracelets have had their run, and if you've ever worn one you know that it doesn't take long for them to start getting dirty (and smelly!)
So his wheels started turning... what could he make that would be an easy-to-wear statement of faith in Jesus, a conversation piece that could lead in to some good talks with people you see every day about the hope that we have in Christ?
Eric cut a big hide of leather, got out his drill bit, branded a logo, hammered a snap in place and stained it just the right shade of brown... not too dark, not too light. Believer Threads was born.
Romans 1:16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes." So what does "believer" mean? It means that you believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and trust in him for your salvation.
These bracelets are a great way to show others what we are about, and they also serve as a reminder to the wearer that we ought to represent Christ as best as we can because our actions will speak the loudest.
Each bracelet is hand made from 100% genuine, smell-good leather. The word "believer" is branded into the bracelet with an iron, and the leather is stained with a protective finish. There is a metal snap on the rear side of the bracelet that holds it together. Like most leather does, these bracelets will tend to darken slightly over time.

There are 3 sizes available. The one in the picture is the medium which fits most average-sized male wrists. The large works best for thicker wrists, and the small usually fits most women and youth. Do not worry about getting the wrong size- if it does not fit the way you like, just send it back and Eric will send you a different size for no extra charge. He's nice like that.
I've been wearing mine constantly and I'm not a bracelet person at all. I got the small size and it works great for my wrist.
I also picked up a couple for my friends who are graduating this year. It's a great graduation gift for guys or girls. Want one? (Or a couple, I mean they are a steal at $12 each!!)

Visit Eric's shop, Believer Threads. Let him know that his favorite sister-in-law sent you! ;)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I saw this on Etsy when you favorited it, and I loved them. Now I love them even more! So going to be a prouder owner of one very soon.

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Love this! Going to check out his shop now...

ChristinNC said...

ADDED!

You and he just solved my gift giving dilemma with my grown sons -
Thanks for the post and the link :)

Unknown said...

Can I ask where can I order this bracelet? Please