I love fast, easy meals that are sure winners. I've made this close to a gajillion and one times and it never fails to bring me cheers, hugs and a fanfare. Every time I've made it and taken it to someone (it travels superbly!) they have asked for the recipe. Literally every single time. It gets pretty funny. I think women at my church are having babies just to get their hands on this one! I didn't realize stromboli could boost your confidence, but this one has magical powers.
Here's what you'll need:
- Pillsbury Pizza Crust (classic or thin crust is fine, but I prefer classic)
- McCormick Italian Herb Blend Grinder (or any Italian seasoning)
- 1 Egg
- Turkey Pepperoni (less greasy)
- Fresh Basil (that's optional, I added it for summer!)
- 1 bag of Shredded Italian Cheese Blend (it has mozzarella, parmesan, and some others I don't remember because parmesan makes my heart sing) about 3 cups
- Sliced ham
- Your favorite marinara to serve it with
Pull out your pastry brush and give the roll a good slathering of the egg mixture on the top and sides. You may even want to add a little more of the Italian seasoning to the top.
Right after I stuck this baby in the oven Kyle brought in a package that was delivered from Flavor Tools. I linked to their site in my post about Trey's Little Man first birthday party. They made the mustache candy mold that I used for my crayons and chocolate party favors. Remember that?