Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Inspiration doesn't always come easy

Some people can look at a room and know exactly how they want to decorate it without flipping through a single magazine or watching a bit of HGTV.  Me?  I'm not like that.  I store away ideas for months and months dreaming of the perfect solution to making a room "right." 

I mostly store away ideas in notebooks.  I have 4 notebooks full of clippings and sketches I started about 7 years ago!  I always date the ideas and I find it hilarious to see how my tastes have changed over the years!  I keep one notebook each for my house, my garden, my sewing projects, my kids ideas etc.  (My recipes are another story for another day!)  Funny thing is, my mom and grandmother have both kept notebooks exactly like these and I didn't know it until a couple of years ago!
We would like to finish off our third floor one day.  Since "one day" hasn't come yet I'm busy storing up ideas.  The color palate I currently love is one inspired by the Encore in Vegas.  (See my post on that here.)  I envision tulip-stem green walls with crisp white cabinets, a white bead board celling, and black accents.  Who knows if this will ever actually happen, but it's fun to dream right!?

No comments: