Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tea Party Summer Baby Shower

Cathy and I serve together in the children's department at church. She coordinates the whole department and I teach the 2 and 3 year old class. Pretty soon she will be welcoming Bethany Cate to the family! My mom and I threw her a shower with our friend Toni.

We went with a Tea Party theme and had lots of tea pots filled with fresh cut flowers from our yards.

What a spread! I can assure you no one left hungry.
It was a 4:00pm shower so we had lots of little finger foods, but mostly sweets, and I didn't hear too many complaints about that! (Be sure to notice the teensy-weensy tea pot place card holders we used to label the food... so cute!)
Monogrammed Cake Balls... because what's more classic southern than tea pots, garden flowers and monograms!?
Chicken Salad Tarts (shh... it's store bought chicken salad and store bought tarts, but who would know that!?!)
My mom made the most adorable fruit arrangement Edible Arrangement style. She threaded fruit on to wooden skewers (the pineapple was cut into heart shapes with a cookie cutter)
then she stuck the skewers into a grapefruit that was placed in a bowl and covered with kale. Isn't she creative!?
And to top it all off, mini Bananas Foster cups. Ugh, I feel full just writing this post days later!

2 comments:

Alia said...

Hi!

I am your Follower.
I really like your blog! Great posts!
Keep up the good work!
Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!
Have a Nice day, God Bless!

Alia
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

JWC said...

sarah-
i continue to LOVE your blog! great ideas! thanks for sharing with us!!!