Friday, August 17, 2012

Gimme Some Sugar!


It's no secret that I love cupcakes.  I went on a quest a while back to make the perfect cupcake recipes.  Adding a little almond extract here and a little more powdered sugar there, after lots of tests and tweaking I thought I had perfected the white almond cake with vanilla butter cream.  Mine are good, but they don't hold a candle to the Sugar Bakeshop in Charleston!!  (Grammar gurus beware, there are waaay too many exclamation points in this post!) 
It's not the first time I've been here, whenever we are in town I try to squeeze in a quick trip.  I have to show you the inside of this little gem!  How much would you love to work here?!  There are just enough vintage touches, cokes in glass bottles, an entire wall painted my favorite color, and paint is peeling in all the right places.  Not to mention you'd be baking all. day. long. 
Their logo makes me smile every time I look at it, so I've had it up on my inspiration board in my Studio for over a year.  Isn't it happy?!  Gosh, I'm such a Sugar groupie!
Lemon, Pistachio, German Chocolate, Red Velvet, Almond... there are even Ginger Molasses Dog Treats!
Just off of the bakery door is this adorable little courtyard where we should have eaten, but we decided to hold off and head for the water instead... just as we got down the street the flood gates opened up and we were hit by an afternoon Charleston rain storm... boo.
The consensus was that we liked the almond with vanilla frosting the best, the pistachio was a close second.  Sugar, the Tucker family will be back!

In other news, I'm planning a birthday party for my little Trey... Roar!  Let's hope the pregnant ickies hold off long enough to get some cupcakes of my own whipped up.


2 comments:

Christina said...

Perfectly charming!

Unknown said...

sooooo, next time i'm in charleston...totally going here!