Thursday, September 25, 2008

Leggy limbs no more

I just love weddings!  Although I have to admit that one of my favorite parts of a wedding is the cake.  With my event planning background sometimes I'm a pretty good guess at the cake based on the couple, and I'll sit in the chapel before the ceremony starts just dreaming about what's to come.  Cute and spunky couple?  I'd guess a chocolate chip cake with cookies and cream filling.  Classy couple?  It will definitely be an almond pound cake with french vanilla icing.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  

Another favorite part of weddings is the flowers.  I was fortunate enough to inherit a beautiful arrangement of hydrangeas a few weeks ago from a wedding.  The stems were cut short and they were arranged in a short cube-shaped vase.  How do they get those arrangements to stay just so?  My curiosity got the best of me so I took the arrangement apart.
I found a grid like the one above made with clear tape.  Brilliant!  So I tried it out myself on some leggy fake hydrangeas I had.  
Here's the before picture:
And after:
Much better.  Goodbye leggy limbs!

No comments: