Monday, December 15, 2008

Jewelry Cabinet Before and After

John 1:16 says, "Out of the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another."  

I love that the Lord gives us each the blessings of special talents.  For some it's a talent like singing or acting, for others it's cooking and hosting or organizing and creativity to name a few.  We can catch a little glimpse of what God must be like when we see the gifts he has given those around us out of the fullness of what He has to give.  

My sweet friend Marty has been blessed with the gift of being a fabulous cook, but she admits that craftiness isn't her forte, so when she had a project she wanted to finish, that's where I came in.  She asked for my help finishing a cabinet for her jewelry and in return I was treated to her cooking!  Yum!!  

Here is the cabinet before we got to work:
And here it is after we covered the back with black velvet, hung hooks for necklaces and ribbon for earrings.  I should have taken a picture of the AMAZING food Marty prepared for me, but I ate it too quickly!  She made a tart with mushrooms, bacon, cheese and onions along with a salad with the most amazing candied walnuts and then lemon cranberry sugar cookies for dessert!  YUM!  For another meal like that I'll gladly be put to work!  Thanks Marty!

No comments: