Thursday, January 29, 2009

Homemade Office Supplies

'Tis the season to start organizing for 2009!  What better way to get started than with a few office supply projects.  I want to show you a couple of easy projects I've done recently.

The first are some ribbon cork boards.  This can be as easy as hot glueing some thick rick-rack ribbon around the edge of your board like the larger navy board below.  The other board took a little more time, but was worth the effort. 
For the smaller board I cut some scrap ribbon pieces about 2 1/2 inches long.  (I've found that wired ribbon or thicker grosgrain ribbon work well for this.  The glue tends to show through thinner ribbon.)  I folded the ribbon in half and snipped one end to get an even V-shape.  I left the other end of the ribbon pieces straight.  Then I lifted the frame off of the cork just enough to tuck the straight ribbon end in between the frame and the cork.  You can use a flat-head screwdriver to help with this step.
After the ribbon was tucked in I put a dot of hot glue on the frame and flattened the ribbon out over the frame.  Repeat this process all the way around the board.  Tucking in the ribbon makes a very clean edge as you can see in the picture below.
Here's one more little project... a personalized memo pad.  Can you tell what these are made out of?
It's just a plastic picture frame from the dollar store with buttons and a sticky pad hot glued on.  Then I finished it off by writing the names with paint pens.  I think it would also be super cute to slip a piece of fabric in the frame and tie a ribbon at the top.  You could leave off the sticky pad and it could be a mini dry erase board too!

11 comments:

Christina said...

oooh - I just found an entire box of those acrylic frames the other day (I'm pretty sure it was leftover from a bible study craft night...) and wondered what to do with them!! Awesome. :)

Twiddle Thumbs said...

So cute! I love what a little ribbon or buttons and some hot glue can do. :)

Sarah Mae said...

I love that little personal notepad - how cute...and creative!

:)

Gretchen said...

What a great idea for the notepads!

I made some corkboards a few years ago and painted the cork part... but the ribbon would have really been a great finishing touch! Good idea!

Tucker Family said...

ummmm--- I like the name on that note pad example.... am I about to get a surprise?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Darling...love the ribbons and buttons!!!
Robin Rane'
All Things Heart and Home

Anonymous said...

These are just fabulous! I love the smaller cork board with all the cute ribbons. And the idea for the memo pad holders is pure genius!

Unknown said...

Office works can cater to all your office stationery needs but keep a strict system in place regarding the use of it.

Anurag Pandey said...

Really nice and impressive blog. Thanks for sharing..
Home decor

Unknown said...

I loved the unique and cute ideas for office supplies mentioned in this blog. Decorating your office desk and cabin is now affordable with these cute and brilliant ideas.

umer said...

Office supplies work are really very common today and all your blog information about the Office Supplies it's really good work.
iPhone 7 Cases