Thursday, March 19, 2009

Clever Cakes... Mostly Unintimidating!

Parenting.com has a massive birthday cake gallery that you have got to check out!  There are 31 cakes that will completely blow you away!  The best part is that each cake comes with detailed instructions and the ingredient list, so it may look like it is out of our league... but I think we can do this!


Sounds silly, but one thing I was really excited about when I became a mom was getting to make cute birthday cakes (and planning themed parties of course!)  Back in November my Owen had a train themed party and this was his cake: 
Cupcakes seem to be the new rage lately; have you noticed?  My friend Megan made these little guys and they just seem so smart!  I'm guessing, but I think the eyes are Oreos and Reece Cups with banana Runt noses.  

5 comments:

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

I loved decorating cakes when I worked at a bakery and I, too, look forward to when I can do my own child's cakes. I did many of what are listed on the website, so if you ever need any tips or suggestions, let me know! I loved doing the pizza cake... it's soooo much easier than you'd think! And as for the pirate ship, I did a few of them too (but much larger!). Good luck! I love seeing people's own versions of cakes!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Oooooh, gets me thinking! My daughter's BD is next month. Last year I did a Hula dancer/princess, but this year I think there will be more boys, so that castle is a fun idea! I better go check out that site! Thanks!

Megan and Adam Pfanmiller said...

Thanks for the shout out...they are super easy and the book with all the original ideas is called "Hello, Cupcake!".....thanks again!

Kari Sweeten said...

I am in love with those owl cupcakes!! As you can tell from my blog I am addicted to owls! Totally makin' those.

{darlene} said...

oooh. thank you for this great link!!!