Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Coupon Notebook Cover

Remember the coupon notebook I made a while back?  It is a great system, but carrying a baby, a notebook, my car keys, and a baby toy in to the grocery store was just too much, so I made a  cover for the notebook out of an old burlap coffee sack and some linen.  Here's the front complete with a pocket:
And the back.  I did my best to show off that awesome coffee bean flower that was printed on the sack.  Isn't it fun!?
I combined some ideas from the tutorial that I found here along with a couple of my own thoughts on how to make it work for what I needed. 
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, so I hope to do my own tutorial soon.

7 comments:

{darlene} said...

beautiful project!

Adam and Natalie said...

Oooo! I love it! The fabric especially!

Megan and Adam Pfanmiller said...

very creative....you really have some great ideas on your blog! :)

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! Everything is so cute and inspiring! I'm room mates with Anne and she is always talking about the cool things you are doing! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

hey! cute thing. i have tons of burlap sacks, that I ordered online to make stuff with. i haven't gotten around to anything, but let me know if you want any! i thought it would be cute to make burlap pillows or chair cushions! fun!

Sarah said...

Thanks! The burlap was surprisingly easy to work with! It is very forgiving if you make a mistake.

DairyQueen said...

I have been looking for something like this for my household binder...thanks for passing your idea and tute along!