My little Owen participated in his first two Easter Egg Hunts this weekend. With a little (OK, a lot) of help from his dad and grandfather he found the golden egg at one of the hunts! This made us the proud owners of a 1 lb. chocolate bunny!! Ugh!! What do you do with a 1 lb. chocolate bunny?Maybe you're in the same boat... lots of extra Peeps and chocolate bunnies! Here are a few ways to reinvent your Easter candy to make it something you might actually want to eat:
1. Grate your chocolate bunnies with a cheese grater to make Chocolate Chips for pancakes, cookies and brownies
2. Melt your chocolate bunnies and stir it into milk for chocolate Bunny Milk
3. A couple of melted bunnies and some strawberries make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
4. Chocolate Covered Pretzels
5. And my favorite idea... Peep Smores!!
(Photo from Baking Bites)
Blow up your Peeps in the microwave for a few seconds, add a chunk of chocolate bunny and graham crackers. These are way better than regular Smores because the Peep sugar gives the marshmallow a little crunch...yum! Enjoy!