Monday, October 5, 2009

Midwest Modern Contest Winners

Do you remember me telling you about Amy Butler's Midwest Modern Contest that I entered a while back? I entered my pin cushion from a men's shirt
and my two-sided burp cloths.
Well, I didn't win, but I'm so in love with one of the winning projects that I had to post about it! Here's Delia Gresham's awesome bicycle basket and matching market bag. My dream would be to live in a cute little Washington, DC suburb and ride my bike just like this to the market, then to the bookstore and sip coffee and watch the world go by. {sigh!}
A close up of the interior of the bicycle basket complete with tons of pockets and a silhouette of a bike at the bottom, the handle even unrolls to become a billfold!
I love contests like these because it pushes me creatively, although now I feel like I have a long, long way to go after looking at Delia's creation! If you're interested, these are all of the entries, and these are each of the winners. Congrats! You ladies are inspiring!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hello! I stumbled upon your blog because it was featured on tip junkie as I was trying to get some homemade Christmas present ideas. I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome that you are using your talents to serve God in a way that other people can't. Good work, sister!