Wednesday, October 21, 2009

T-shirt to Ruffled Cardigan

Countdown to the Big Creative Room Reveal: 3 days!!

Maybe you've noticed that I have this list of "Projects I Want to Try" on the right column over there. Some have been sitting in the wing for way too long, and this is one of them. I found a tutorial on how to turn a normal, boring old t-shirt into a ruffled cardigan over at Craft Stylish and decided to give it a try. This is a great tutorial, but it took me all day. I'm so glad I did it because I learned how to sew a ruffle, but I've decided that sewing clothes is a little too time consuming for this stage of my life. Want to see it? Here's the before pic, pretty boring:
Drum roll... Here's the after!
And the back... I chopped off my head in these pictures on purpose because an all day sewing-a-thon means no makeup and scary hair. Can't wait to wear it with the shoes you'll see tomorrow!

7 comments:

SavGarcia said...

That is adorable!! Thanks for sharing- I may have to try this sometime :)

Carol said...

You are so creative! I love it! I'll have to show it to my daughter and see if she would like one!

ViolaMoni said...

wow!wonderful work!

Beautifully Recreated said...

I love your blog and your cardi. I am sooo on the journey of reinventing things- trying to push the boundries a little. I too love the idea of sewing clothes but likewise it always seems to take so long. Maybe I just need more practice so I will become faster. Anyway love the cardi- a project well worth pursuing.

jason and jen said...

sarah...that is adorable! I hope you liked the frames that we picked out for you. Thanks again for your business! Can't wait to see the reveal of your room in three days! Have a great week.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is SOOOOO cute! I want to do this!!! Argh... I'm going to have to fight the urge to run to my sewing machine.

Kris {The Freestyle Mom} said...

I knew there was a reason I need to learn how to sew correctly! Awesome job.