Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cookie Sheet Calendar

I saw the most adorable idea for a magnetic calendar on Opps! I Craft My Pants (that's really the name of the blog... hilarious isn't it!) Well the idea has been hanging out in my "Projects I want to attempt" list over there so it was time to get crackin'. While in Charleston a while back my hubby found this awesome old metal serving tray that was starting to rust in all the right places. We took it home and I gave it a new calendar facelift.
I picked up a bunch of free magnets from the state fair this year and mod podged some scrap book paper over the top. Then I cut the magnets into 1 x 1 1/2 inch rectangles and free-handed the numbers with a Sharpie. If you're wondering, "nineteen" is my favorite! There's a glass magnet to mark the day.
Here are the other months. "June" wins this time I think, followed closely by "May."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! Great Tray! It's going on my list of projects to try for sure! x

Anonymous said...

OH! I love this idea and have been wanting to make a Christmas countdown calendar on a cookie sheet for the last two Christmases...Maybe this will be the year! Love how it matches your room! - sarah b. (the other one)

Natalie said...

Ooo I think May is my favorite, but then again I was an elementery ed major. :)

Alisa said...

Love this! I have to say that July is my favorite! (love the sun)

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is such an adorable idea. I jumped over here from Danielle's blog and your stuff is amazing! I am so following! Thanks for the inspirtation.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Loved that you used those annoying old magnets! It looks great.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is so adorable. I love the shape of the platter.

XOOX
Jen

Unknown said...

What a cool idea. :) I like how you did each number different. Happy Friday!!

Anonymous said...

Great project, thanks so much!
Take a look at http://www.creativejewishmom.com for lots of inspiration too!

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

I love the tray ! What a great shape!