Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So You Think You're Crafty- Green Challenge

Please tell me you've been visiting the So You Think You're Crafty challenge site!? Oh my goodness, the ideas are ridiculously amazing! Each week the crafters are challenged with a different theme, the viewers vote and the person with the least number of votes is "sent home." These super talented crafters are being pushed and the results are amazing! This week's theme is "Green."

8 layers of old plastic bags fused together and sewn to make these adorable grocery totes:
Scrap ribbon put to good use in making this ribbon wallet:
But my all time favorite is this "Cozy Car Caddy" made from old jeans! (Insert squeal here!)
I know a few little boys who will be getting these for Christmas!
The submissions are all anonymous, so we won't know who submitted each project until next Monday when the results are revealed and the next project is announced. Check it out here!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

One of those is mine!!! LOL. Thanks for promoting the contest ;) This week's theme is "turkey"....oy.

Alisa said...

Oh wow! Loooooooooove the car caddy!!! It reminds me of your crayon case.

Just Rhonda said...

Seriously they have been SO GOOD!!! I love love that car caddy and the green bags - amazing!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

There were so many awesome projects this week. I loved the ones you chose - esp. the car case! I thought the chandelier was amazing, too.

Michelle said...

Please, oh please show us a how to on the ribbon wallets. Im not a sewer but i will learn just for this! thanks a new fallower!

I'm Sara. said...

Is there a tutorial for the "Cozy car caddy?" I tried typing it in google, but didn't come up with anything similiar! My nephew would adore it!

Sarah said...

Ashley, I've got an idea which might be yours... You did a fabulous job! :)

Michelle and Sara, the winning tutorial is posted on the SYTYC site on Monday. If your favorite doesn't win I'll bet you could email the craftsperson and they will help you out.

I'm dying to get my hands on these tutorials too!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very cute stuff!
sandy toe

Courtney said...

Thanks for the heads up on this! I hadn't come across the contest and I'm so impressed.

Natalie said...

Wow, I am so glad I'm not in this contest. I totally would've fused 8bags together to make re-usable shopping bags and how embarrassing would that have been to have the exact same thing! (insert sarcasm) Whhhhaaatt? This stuff is so crazy/adorable/awesome.

mylittlegems said...

Here is a tutorial for the Car Cozie- try spelling it that way ;)
Here is the link for it:
http://mygratitudeattitudes.blogspot.com/2009/09/car-cozie-tutorial-and-etsy-re.html

Although I did not use old jeans (cute) I did use car fabric and came up with this last summer :) enjoy!