Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Toy Car and Crayon Clutch

For my little boy's second birthday I wanted to make him something special, so when I saw Jill's Cozy Car Caddy on So you Think You're Crafty last week I knew that would be the perfect gift! It's made from an old pair of jeans, scrap ribbon and scrap fabric.
I love that Jill made one half of her "Cozy Car Caddy" a car holder like this and the other half was an adorable road made out of black felt.
I didn't have black felt, so I decided to make something a little different out of the other side of my clutch...
I made it into a crayon holder with a little flap so that the crayons wouldn't share their beautiful colors with the cars on the other side.
The middle is a little pad holder.
Owen loves it and it's a great distraction when we're eating out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How CUTE is that!!! You are so creative...bet you brought a big smile to your little ones face! xx

homemade by jill said...

This is brilliant! Crayon rolls were what inspired me to do the car pockets in the first place. I wish I would have thought to combine them!

very cute, as always. :)

makcig said...

It's verry good idea.Loves from Şehr-i Bursa'dan

Team Bariesheff said...

Do you have a little tutorial for this..or at least some measurements. I just printed out Jill's tut, but think a combo like this would be good! :) Thanks :)

Magen said...

Your post gave me inspiration. I linked back!
http://maemaedaily.com/?p=82
Thanks again :)

Amber said...

i linked you on my blog as well ;p this was a fun project! thanks for the inspiration! http://creativeconfessionsdeme.blogspot.com/

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

Just came across this from a link on Homemade by Jill & think it's just perfect! I have a 2.5 year old and this is the perfect solution for grocery shopping!