Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mouse Mail

Someone special sent Owen and his cousin Noah a letter today!
Straight from Disney World (umm...sorta!) to our mailboxes.
My little guy couldn't have been more excited to be invited to come visit the Main Mouse at his house next week! (How nice of Mickey to remind him to be a good boy until then!)
I also wrote up a note for the boys to open each morning that they are in Disney telling them what's to come that day. Won't that be fun!? Here's the font I modeled my letters after.

I think I'm just as excited as they are!! I've read almost every Disney guidebook on the East Coast to get ready. Once I get back maybe I'll offer some tips about what worked (and didn't) with two toddlers (age 2 1/2 and 4). Would that be helpful?

10 comments:

jakeychucky said...

Yes please do! We took our first born to Disneyland for his 3rd birthday and plan on making it a 3rd birthday tradition. So, now we'll have a 3 and 5 year old this time around. It'd be nice to hear what worked as well as didn't work for you:)

seven thirty three said...

We brought our daughter when she was 4 and had a blast. We are going to be bringing the two younger ones next year so they'll be 2 and 4... I'm worried about naptimes and how to make that work for the then 2 year old. Love to hear how you do it.

seven thirty three said...

OH and of course the older one is going to but she is easy now1

Jenn said...

I am so excited about your trip! And yes, please share all your tips. We are in the early planning stages for next year sometime, and I will take any info I can get. Y'all have fun!

CourtneyKeb said...

So sweet and very cute!
Mickey should send me some Mouse mail!
and a free Disney trip too!
;)
Ya'll have fun!!!

Simple. Inspired. Homemade said...

Yes, please share any ideas, tips or thoughts when you get back, we are planning a trip with a 6 yr old and a 2.5 yr old...Have an amazing time!

The Cahoons! said...

I was there yesterday (well Disneyland...don't know if you're going to Disney World. Me and my 2 year old always have a blast. I've found that if I'm there all day, my son gets to tired he'll just pass out in the stroller in the afternoon. Good luck! Disney is the best. In the words of my son with his arms in the air: "WEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

This is The Cutest Thing Ever!!

Sarah said...

Oh I can't wait! I'll be sure to share some tips when we get back. If any of you would like me to mail your little one a Mickey letter, just email me your address. Maybe we could set up a trade... a personalized Mickey letter for something you've made?!
-Sarah

jisabird said...

I love this idea!!! I may have to steal it for this years visit.

When we took my son for his 1st & 2nd birthday we addressed and mailed a postcard to him from Disneyland. So a few days after we got home there was a postcard waiting for him. We kept them in the scrapbook with photos of the day.

Have a wonderful time.