Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Soul Felt Its Worth!

My favorite Christmas carol says it best, "Long lay the world in sin and error pining 'till He appeared and the soul felt its worth."

I know my worth because God proved it when he sent his only son to earth. I know my worth because Jesus proved it when he chose a horrible death for me. I know my worth because the Bible constantly reminds me of it and the Holy Spirit confirms it in my heart. I am valued, I am loved and I matter... so do you!
How do you know if God loves you?
How do you know if you have any value to him or if you matter at all?

I have good news! God sent his only son, Jesus, to earth many many years ago. Jesus didn't make any mistakes while he lived on earth. Not a single one. No one had ever lived a perfect life to that point and no one has since. He didn't come for accolades though, he came to be a servant. Living a life of obedience and dying a painful death. It was God's rescue plan. God wanted to rescue you and me! He knew that we couldn't live the perfect lives we needed to live in order to be with him forever in Heaven, so he made another way. Jesus is the way! Do you believe that?

For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:3-7 ESV)

Merry Christmas, My Dear Friends! Happy Birthday Jesus!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I had never thought of that line like that before! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it; it was just what I needed to hear.

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog--What a sweet reminder of the beautiful gift of Christ's birth! That is actually my favorite line of my favorite Christmas song, and one I've thought about a lot this season.
Merry Christmas!