Sunday, October 14, 2012

::Craft Show:: A Mini Series

You know how I've been talking forever about doing a craft show?  My Pinterest boards have been all a flurry with display ideas and logo redesign.  By now you have to be wondering what's up...

Well, I've gotten up enough guts to give it a shot!  Ahhhh! 

I'll be doing the 11th Annual Holly Days Shopping Event
At Sanderson High School (my alma mater... class of 2000!)
December 1 and 2, 2012

With as much reading as I've done to get ready for this silly thing, I thought it might be helpful for me to do a mini series about how I'm getting ready for my very first craft show, so I'll be posting periodically about the whole she-bang.  I'm sure to make a ton of mistakes along the way and I can imagine that it is going to be pretty funny with big 'ol pregnant me peddling all my wares in a 10x10 foot space!  Here's a little preview of what I plan to sell...
Christmas stationery (made out of heavyweight watercolor paper and pieces of a vintage hymnal covered in a hint of gold glitter), chunky knit infinity scarves in bright fall colors, happy paintings, knit baby hats and brightly painted memo boards.  I'm sure I'll come up with a few other goodies along the way, but that's it for now.

Wanna see my whole line of knit infinity scarves?

Oh and yes, that is a new logo.  But that's a whole post in its self, so you'll have to stop back in for the back story.

I can't wait to have you join me on the road towards my first craft show.  Have you done one before?  I'm dying to hear your best tips!  Leave them in the comments below or shoot me an email.

4 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

I am doing a show the 2nd Saturday in November. It is at our local high school and is their PTO's largest fund raiser every year. It is huge & I am totally out of my comfort zone. I have been doing much smaller shows with a very diverse inventory. I decided to scale back the numbers of things I am taking & building up my inventory of the less expensive items. Right now I am a pillow & table runner making fool! It is always such a challenge to guess what will sell! Best of luck at your show! You making such lovely things and I am guessing the scarves will be a huge hit!

Unknown said...

i would loooove to do a show sometime...just seems too hectic right now. BUT i'm soo excited for you, sarah! you're going to do great! all your wares are looking great so far!

Christina said...

Looking forward to following your craft fair journey! : )

Kate said...

Yay! It's time! I'm doing something a little different, and I look forward to sharing about it. Can't wait to see what you come up with!