Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Organizational Week Day 3: Clutter Control

Do you have a spot where all of the clutter collects?  I know we do!
Inspired by the success of my pantry reorganization project, I finally decided to do something about our clutter corner.  My clutter was mostly mail that has to be eventually filed away, but instead of making it to the file box, it ends up in a pile.  (Side note: while I'm talking about mail, did you know that every bit of your junk mail can be recycled?  Maybe that was a well known fact, but it only hit me about a year ago.)

Here's the solution to my filing problem:  First, I surveyed the paper pile and divided up the pile into six categories.  Mine were pretty specific to the stuff we get, but your pile might consist of 
  • Pay Stubs
  • Taxes (anything you'll need once April rolls around)
  • Medical
  • Receipts
  • Sermon Notes 
  • Other
I picked up a rigid expanding file with a magnetic closure then filled it up.
And here's the final result!  This project took me all of 15 minutes and cost only $3 because the file is on sale right now at Office Max!  Eventually this paperwork will end up filed away upstairs, but for now it has it's own little spot and looks much neater than before!
Tomorrow I'll give you a little insight into how to control the baby clutter.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Wow! I am so impressed and inspired!

{darlene} said...

looks wonderful. Ugh, how paperwork clutter just grows and grows. Love your solution.
Here is a link to how I deal with mine:
http://worthwalkingtoward.blogspot.com/2008/07/works-for-me-christian-update-below.html

love the organization stuff!

Amanda said...

Love your file organizer! Are they available on-line at Office Max?

Sarah said...

The matching file folders are for sale on Office Max.com, but the expanding folder is not, I think because it was a clearance item. Similar items are sold there though. Happy hunting.