One thing the Lord has reminded me of through this miscarriage is just how precious my 1 1/2 year old is. Not that I took him for granted before, but even more so now I am trying to savor every minute with him.
Today I pulled out the memory box I made for my little guy when he was born. With a brand new little one comes many precious keepsakes that don't always fit into a scrapbook, so I made him this memory box.I made the box to be a snapshot of what life was like on the day he was born and the months leading up to his birth. Inside is included:
- Ultrasound pictures
- The knit hat he wore in the hospital
- A map of our city from the year he was born
- Cards from our first Mother and Father's Days while he was still in utero
- The first cards that say "Congrats" and cards from his showers
- Hospital bracelets (mine and his)
- One of those teeny-tiny, credit-card-sized first diapers!
- A fact sheet about what life was like on his day of birth... popular books, movies and trends of the time, price of gas and a gallon of milk, who was the president, current affairs
- A picture of our house and his room